The agency refrain from soliciting customers based on the regulations regarding fair trades and from monopolizing the market based on the regulations regarding medical devices law. The agency had gotten an approval from the Fair Trade Commission on Rules on Fair Competition on Trading Medical Devices (2012. 10.28) so that companies can have transparent commercial trades and the agency can promote better public health.
We can have more opportunities to explain guidelines on member companies and other medical experts so that we can root out rebate customs to establish fair trade. It will help medical industry experts to prevent from excessive supports to others or from receiving those from others.
- Establishing fair trade activities between companies that trade medical devices
- Enhance R&D and encourage transparent management through rooting out rebate
- Crackdown on unfair activities to solicit customers
- Regulations on monopoly and legal clauses on fair trade and medical devices
- Rules on keeping transparency on medical devices trades (Ministry of Health and Welfare No. 189, established on 2013. 3. 23)
- Provision of samples, supports on academic conferences, supports on clinical tests, presentations on products, discounts depending on the payment conditions, investigation after sales, others.
- Based on the related regulations, 'the Fair Trade Code committee' takes online requests through its Web site and then evaluates on those once a month.